Monday, April 03, 2006

Why he's the greatest.

Hubby and I were chatting in the wee hours of the morning this morning before he had to leave town and I was reminded of something he did a while ago. My husband is a teaser. He's always saying things that will make you blush or stammer and defend yourself. He means well, but sometimes, well, a girl just gets tired of the joking around. Anyway, I was trying to tease him back this morning and told him "You used to talk so nice about me! What happend to you!" He retorted that he never did any such thing and what on earth was I talking about. What I remembered made me all weepy and sentimental.

I was visiting the beauty shop, probably for hair and nails, since this was pre-baby days, and so I'd been there a while. I was summoned to the phone, since my cell was in my car, and spoke to my husband, telling him about when I thought we'd finish and I didn't think much more about it. But when I returned to the station where I was being beautified, and the receptionist came over and told me "You have the sweetest husband!" I told her that I did, indeed, have a good one. Then she related to me what had just happened. My husband called, and told her he'd like to speak to his wife. She said she'd be glad to help him, what was her name? To which he replied, "Just look out over the whole salon, find the most beautiful woman there, and hand her the phone."

And he was totally serious.

Yes, I love that man of mine.

No comments: