Monday, September 11, 2006

9-11

Just wanted to take a moment and say that I remember.

We had just moved to Texas. I was listening to the radio while I dropped the kids off at school. The DJ's were confused, no one knew how a pilot could have made such a mistake. I got back to the house and decided to wash the car since hubster and the little kids weren't up yet. As I washed, I listened and as it became clear we were under attack, I went inside to turn on the TV. We watched as the towers fell. We moved around that day in a dream-like state. I remember hearing fighter jets roar over the house, and running outside to see if there were new horrors that weren't yet on the TV.

We watched National Geographic's special tonight, and the images were as horrifying today as they were five years ago.

Yes, I will always remember.

1 comment:

Kacey said...

Hi---I'm just catching up with your posts and wanted to mention that on Monday, we had fighter jets flying overhead off and on all day. Toledo is the Southwestern corner of Lake Erie, which is the northern border of the USA. (Come to think of it---can a lake have a corner?) We are about a mile from a big mosque and are located between two nuclear reactors, not to mention the huge Muslim population up the road in Dearborn, Mich. Hearing these jets scramble from the National Guard reminded us of 9-11 all day, as though we could ever forget. I wish they would play the horror of that day all the time, lest anyone ever forget for a minute.