Friday, May 12, 2006

The Surreal Life

It's always a strange feeling to wake up the day after a major event. When you first open your eyes, you wonder if it was real, and as your brain begins to function, you begin to move forward with what comes next.

I'm so grateful for the great plan of our Father in Heaven. It is beautiful in it's simplicity and comforting in it's promise. The kids have done very well with the news and have spent lots of time talking about their feelings today. I am grateful for their testimony's, which, at times, seem more vast and steadfast than my own.

The rest of the family is gathering, and preparations are being made. I'm honored to have been asked to help with preparations, I know that will be a tender experience which I've not had before, and I thank you all for the kind comments.

5 comments:

Gabriela said...

(igore the creepy picture of me with a monkey while you read my comment. Thanks)

I'm sorry to hear about your loss. You will be in my prayers. Hope all goes smoothly. -Gabs

Amber said...

The hardest part for me was that I felt like everything should stop. I just wanted to shout to people "what are you doing driving around and living your happy lives? Don't you know that a wonderful person has just died? Don't you care?" My siblings wanted to go do stuff and play games since we were all together- but I couldn't do it. I knew that my Dad wouldn't have wanted us to all be sad- but I just couldn't bring myself to have too much fun without him.

Blackeyedsue said...

This is so hard. I am so sorry. You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers.

(((HUGS)))

Lei said...

I am sorry for your loss and I am glad for the peace you feel and help you are receiving. I know personally how hard this is to go through. Hugs!

Unknown said...

I'm sorry about your loss. What a blessing to have the knowledge and the comfort of the gospel. Your family will be in my prayers.