Wednesday, September 17, 2008

J Turns Fowah!

DSC_0045

So here is a little girl who has been waiting to turn "Fowah" for days and days. She is now big, according to her. So to celebrate her "bigness", she got a bike for her big day.

DSC_0013

She's a tough read sometimes. She said it was just what she always wanted, but wasn't really very keen to get on it and ride.

DSC_0025

If there is anything that will make your heart go pitter-patter like a big strong manly man helping a little bitty girl ride her bike, I'm not sure what it is.

DSC_0076

But by tonight she was showing off for her friends. She fell off two or three times going too fast around corners. Tha's my girl!

DSC_0060

I had to include this one. This is Queen of the Sunbeams. Never, ever has there been a sweeter, more dedicated Sunbeam teacher. This sweet lady sent postcards every week to her class members, scheduled playdates with them, and is just one of those teachers you pray your kids get. Here she is at J's party, which isn't really all that much of a stretch, until you consider that not only do we no longer go to church at the same time as she, but she no longer even serves as a Sunbeam teacher, she's in the presidency! Yet, here she is, hanging out with J, helping her turn "Fowah". How cool is she? I told you she is the Queen.

DSC_0037

I made cake. Please don't fall over from the shock. My Grandma G and Nanna used to collect Jasperware Wedgewood China. Since I've already made one teapot cake, I wanted to try and change things up a bit, so I looked to the Jasperware for a little inspiration. It has a bit of a lean. Probably because of the twitch I've developed in my left eye as a result of all the "Fowah-ness".

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I can't believe she's four!! I remember that first chocolate milk bottle! LOL

Great cake! You always do such great cakes.

I'm still bogsmacked at such a big girl! Big girl bike too? Wow! Such a sweetheart.

Gabriela said...

Awwww, happy birthday.

Great cake! Great former-sunbeam teacher!